There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Monday 23 March 2015

Tick Tock Tick Tock.....


Seconds turn into minutes, minutes into hours, hours into days, days into weeks, weeks into months and suddenly you realised that times has passed you by..... time that you can never get back. Time that you have spent racing and  hurrying from one thing to the next. Time that you have not spent appreciating what is right in front of you, time that you have not spent doing what you love the most!
 
This is how I am feeling at the moment dear peeps, it has been 3 months since I sat down in front of my computer, 3 months since I came to my happy place and rambled...... 3 VERY long months. I have not blogged or crocheted, I have not baked, sewn a stitch and not and certainly not been my usual creative self... In fact I have been very unproductive and very uncreative and this makes me very unhappy to say the least.  
 
While speaking to a few friends a few days ago we realised that we all felt exactly the same..... Life normally calms down after Christmas and New Year, its back to school  and then back to life as normal, however this year has JUST NOT settled down......It has become more rushed! EEKK!! 
 
Soooo, I have resolved to stop the mania, stop the rushing, stop the rushing. Try and slow things down a bit, no, not a bit, a whole lot!! a few days after deciding to do this slow down thing I found these two beautiful post cards, instantly I knew that these beautiful cards would go onto my notice board and become my mantra for the rest of this year....
 


BREATH SLOWLY!
GROW PATIENCE!
BE HAPPY!
BE THANKFUL!
 
The last two have been added because so many times I catch myself thinking "Oh, that would make me happy" Would it really? Would a material item make me happy....... Or should I just be thankful for what I have! The best things in the world - warm hugs from little arms and the looks of love from my wonderful long-suffering-husband...... That is what is important!
 
 So while I am breathing slowly and trying to grow some patience,  expect lots of blogging and lots of catching up on things I did actually do in December, because this is my happy place and I am back! xxx 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xxx