There is great happiness in not wanting, in not being something, in not going somewhere...

Monday 9 June 2014

What-A-lot-I-Got....

 
Biscuits are my down fall...... I really have a serious passion for them! I can eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner, tea and midnight snacks.... Well anytime really! What sort of biscuits, well ANY sort, oaty, ginger, spicy, shortbread, chocolaty(yummy) I REALLY like crunchies(all those oats, nuts, coconut) Oooo it's enough to send me scurrying to the kitchen instead of typing this post!
 
So it follows that there are always ALWAYS biscuits in my home......Well almost always.... Over the last week or 3 I cannot seem to keep my biscuit jar full, you see I have discovered the yummiest recipe, and to be honest it is not me dipping my grubby little paws into the jar...... No not me - my voluptuous rear end has expanded ever so slightly (yet) again and I am trying hard to ignore the pleas of 'eat me, eat me' as  I pass by the cookie jar..... The culprit is LSO(  my long suffering husband!) Yes indeedy , LSO!
 
Apparently they are very good and very moreish!  I call them the What-A-Lot-I-Got Cookies. So called because you have to use Smarties(lots and lots and LOTS of Smarties) Smarties are the sort of equal to M&M's, only better in my opinion! Years ago the marketing for said Smarties was 'What I lot I got!' It should have been what I lot I had.....I can devour them really fast... hence the had not got! Oh gosh this is getting complicated!
 
The recipe I hear you all cry...... With pleasure......
   
Smarties

What A Lot I got Cookies

1 cup packed Brown Sugar
1/2 cup White sugar
1 cup Butter
2 eggs
2 teaspoons Vanilla Essence
2 3/4 cups Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Salt
1 1/2 cups Smarties

* Heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius
* Mix the brown, white sugars, butter, eggs and vanilla essence until well mixed in a large bowl
* Add the rest of the ingredients. Add the Smarties last
* Roll into balls and flatten slightly with a spoon.(makes about 30 small cookies)
* Bake for 8-10 minutes( my next batch I baked for longer to give a bit more colour)
* Remove from the baking tray immediately - allow to stand(if you can)

And the  - APPLY TO MOUTH!!!


Adding The Smarities

Before being Baked

After Baking

And so another cookie recipe has been added to my already burgeoning cook book! I was thinking, I really should write a recipe book, well a Cookie Book! When ever I think I have found the ultimate cookie recipe.... BOOM!  Yet another one pops ups! Another recipe that sends me scurrying to the kitchen in pursuit of the ultimate and final cookie recipe.......Oh dear ,so many Cookies, so little time... xxx



Applying To Mouth!  
PS: Yu can use an electric mixer for the first part of the mixing, however combine the last bit by hand. It becomes a lovely thick dough

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog xxx